La Gomera is located in the Canary Islands (Spain). Here we tell you step by step how to get here in order to start the holidays of your dreams.
1. Firstly, arrive in Tenerife
La Gomera has an airport that only takes flights from between the islands, thus, if you want to travel to La Gomera from anywhere in Europe, you firstly have to get to one of the two International Airports of Tenerife:
- Tenerife South Airport
- Tenerife North Airport
2. From the airport in Tenerife to La Gomera
2.1. Direct service from the airport to your accommodation in La Gomera:
There are several companies that provide transport direct from any of the airports in Tenerife to the door of your accommodation in La Gomera. This is a very comfortable option, in that you do not have to worry about luggage or buying boat tickets.
You can contact the different companies through their webpages, by email or by telephone. In the following link you have all the information you need to organise a direct transfer to La Gomera:
2.2. If you land at Tenerife South Airport
If you plane lands at this airport, the easiest option for getting to La Gomera is the boat. The boats that leave for La Gomera go from Puerto de Los Cristianos, in the south of Tenerife.
To get to Puerto de Los Cristianos, you have the following methods:
- Taxis: Puerto de Los Cristianos is around 15-20 minutes by road from the airport, this is a fast and direct way to get to the station of Puerto de Los Cristianos. It costs approximately €35.
- Public bus: The bus company that provides the service in Tenerife is Titsa. The direct line that will take you to Los Cristianos is the 343 and it costs approximately €4 (please consult the webpage www.titsa.com, the others lines and make sure no changes have occurred). The bus will leave you at the only stop in Los Cristrianos, in the Avenida Juan Carlos I, which is 1.2 km from the Port. You will have to walk this distance with your suitcases or go in a taxi. The taxi rank is in front of where the bus leaves you and costs approximately €5. [Servitaxi Tel. 922 747 511].
- Direct transfer with La Gomera companies (this is the option that we recommend above due to its convenience).
2.3. If you land at Tenerife North Airport
Once you arrive at Tenerife North Airport you have two options for getting to La Gomera:
- By plane with the Binter company.
The airline, Binter, does two flights per day to La Gomera, landing in the airport of La Gomera, located in the municipality of Alajeró. The duration of the flight is around 30 minutes. When you arrive at the airport you will be able to rent a car or take a taxi or bus to the different parts of the island.
- By boat
The boat leaves from Puerto de Los Cristianos which is located about 80km from Tenerife North Airport.
Some methods of getting to the Puerto de Los Cristianos are:
- Public buses (guaguas). The most recommended option is to go to the bus station “Intercambiador de Santa Cruz de Tenerife” for example with the 102 line (cost approx. €3) or by taxi (cost approx.. €17). Once there, if you buy a boat ticket in the same station, you can get to Puerto de Los Cristianos by a free bus run by the boat company that you have chosen to use to go to La Gomera (Fred Olson or Naviera Armas). Keep in mind that to benefit from the free bus, you must be there 1.5 hours before the boat leaves.
- Taxis. The trip from the airport to Puerto de Los Cristianos costs approximately €110.
- Direct transfer with La Gomera companies (option described above).
Once at Puerto de Los Cristianos:
To get to La Gomera by boat you have two options
The boat takes approximately 50 minutes and you will arrive at Puerto de San Sebastián de La Gomera (the capital of the island).
Now you are in San Sebastián de La Gomera!
Once you are here, these are you first steps:
- If you booked a direct transfer service you will arrive directly to your accommodation.
- You can also use public transport to get to your final destination.
- Taxis: There is a taxi rank in Puerto de San Sebastián de La Gomera itself.
- La Gomera buses: The bus service in La Gomera is run by “Guagua Gomera”. On their webpage www.guaguagomera.com you can consult the up to date timetables and destinations. The stop is located in the port itself.
- Rent a car: You have multiple options for renting cars in the island. You can consult them here:
Remember to visit the tourist offices where you will be able to find all the up to date information on the island.
Enjoy your stay in La Gomera!